Wednesday, June 26, 2013

F.L. Schlagle Environmental Library

        F.L. Schlagle Library has a summer camp for kids, and they do different activities that deals with nature. The volunteers are trying to educate children at a young age about nature. The first day when we went to the library we just observed and helped the teachers set up for this activity that they had planned. The students were studying birds. The activity was based on The reason why birds migrate. The second time we went we helped the students go fishing. Even though I am not quite the outdoors person I really enjoyed the fishing activity. The students knew more about fishing than I did. The students had a great time and so did I. I wish that I would have had that opportunity when I was growing up, because now I do not want anything to do with bugs or nature. But overall it was a really great experience, I enjoyed hearing the kids have passionate conversations about nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment